It’s that time of year again - Pantone's Colour of the Year was announced, and 2017’s winner is “Greenery”, a fresh and zesty shade that illustrates nature and lush grass. With such a bright colour gaining such a prestigious title, there’s no doubt that it will be scattered across interior trends and fashion trends alike. If you’re a bit of a trend setter, but don’t want to look like a trend “victim”, here are some cute ways you can incorporate “Greenery” into your home
You can start small, with a painting or accent piece of furniture that isn’t too wild or eye catching. Depending on your interior taste, you can choose an accent to fit into your home. Posters, prints and flowers are an inexpensive option for those who aren’t ready to fully embrace this trend, and they’re easy to replace once you’ve grown tired of them. If your home is Scandi-inspired, you can collect books with green spines and place them on a bookshelf; scattered in a minimalistic way.
Complement this yellow-green shade with pale pinks and greys, opting for shades that have neutral or cool undertones so your choice of decor doesn’t look to muddled. You can always mix and match with what you’ve already got. If your home is a bit shabby chic, you can purchase a second hand wooden chair and paint it green, grab some sandpaper and make it look a tad distressed, so it flatters your existing decor.
If you’re feeling bold enough to invest some money into this trend, you can consider purchasing some furniture that reflects the Colour of the Year. You can stick to altering one room alone, opting for an accent piece of furniture in your living room or dining room, such as a bar stool or chaise lounge. You could even go one step further and create an accent wall using the shade of green. There are so many transitional colours that flatter and accentuate this shade, so you can really use this feature wall to your advantage.
Flatter your new furnishings by using other shades that complement Greenery. These include soft browns, pinks, and blues. You can even opt for choosing other shades of green, whether they be lighter, darker, with blue or red undertones, to create depth and dimension to your home.
You can always consider bringing the outdoors in; by incorporating plant life into your decor. Since this year’s colour is so luscious and fresh, why not bring that vibe from things you already have? Plats not only fit seamlessly in with the colour scheme, they also breathe fresh life into your home, reducing carbon dioxide levels, reducing dust levels and keeping the temperature down throughout your house, so you won’t need to put on that air conditioner!
Greenery is a versatile shade that can blend effortlessly or make a statement against your existing decor. By choosing complementary colours, textures and being a bit creative with your placement of the shade, you can achieve the latest trend in your home without looking like you’re just waiting for the next trend to come around. Incorporating the colour in your home and garden is a great way to add some fresh life into your life. Prepare to see the colour everywhere, this one’s going to be a hit!
- Oct 29, 2018 Design through the Senses - Creating the Full Experience Oct 29, 2018
- Sep 3, 2018 Industry Example: How to Brand like a Boss Sep 3, 2018
- Aug 27, 2018 Maintaining a Healthy Work/Life Balance: Dos and Don’ts Aug 27, 2018
- Jul 26, 2018 Dôme Wasn’t Built in a Day- Expressing History through Commercial Design Jul 26, 2018
- Jul 3, 2018 5 Simple Tips to Improve Customer Experience in your Fit Out Jul 3, 2018
- June 2018
- May 31, 2018 Luxury…what do you mean? May 31, 2018
- Mar 25, 2018 Egg-cellent Easter Decor Ideas Mar 25, 2018
- Dec 6, 2017 Trends We’re Ditching & Embracing in 2018 Dec 6, 2017
- Nov 24, 2017 How well do you know your friend’s occupation? - Interior Designer VS Interior Decorator Nov 24, 2017
- Sep 28, 2017 Common Interior Design Mistakes to Avoid - From These 4 Interior Design Experts Sep 28, 2017
- May 29, 2017 Why Imperfection Is Crucial For Interior Design May 29, 2017
- Apr 18, 2017 Get The Look - Pantone Colour Of The Year, “Greenery” Apr 18, 2017
- Apr 3, 2017 The Next Big Thing In Interior Design Apr 3, 2017
- Mar 29, 2017 Smart ways to make your money go twice as far, when preparing to sell your house Mar 29, 2017
- Feb 2, 2017 TOP NOTES – Property Styling Basics 101 Feb 2, 2017
- Nov 4, 2016 Self Care for Busy Professionals: How to Nail it in 5 Simple Steps Nov 4, 2016
- Nov 4, 2016 How to get the work/life balance You’re Striving For: 13 Tips You Need to Read Nov 4, 2016
FOLLOW IMPERIO LOOKBOOK